Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes


3 cups flour
2 tbs baking powder
6 tbs sugar
1 ts salt
give or take a bit, 1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup sourdough starter
1/4 stick of melted salted REAL butter
2 eggs or 3 if you like
Fresh Blueberries or Frozen (which I used this day but fresh are so much better)
Maple Syrup or Honey if you like for your toppings.



Whisk together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
Whisk together the milk, eggs, sourdough starter and cooled butter.
Gently add the egg mixture to the flour and stir until most of the clumps are gone, not all of them however otherwise you won't have a nice soft and fluffy cake!



First I add a small tab of butter to a hot frying pan and melt it until golden brown with a hint of that nutty smell only browned butter gives.
Ladle one spoon of batter and then add the fruit on top. I never add blueberries to pancake batter, I don't like a blue batter.


Let the bottom become brown then flip it over and cook until the other side is also brown.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Salam Aleikum, i just found your blog and i have to say Mashallah you have some yummy recipes here! I would like to know if you mind that i add you on my blog friends list. Ra,adan is coming soon and im sure there are many sisters who would love to try your recipes! thanks for your time. Barakallahu fiki....

    Sultana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walaikum Essalam,

    I'm very excited about Ramadan! Thank you for stopping buy, and I hope we can share lots of recipes! Wa Feeki Barak Allah!

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~