Saturday, September 1, 2007

Frit Omelet ... More commonly known as Potato Omelet


6 potatoes sliced for frying
7 eggs beaten with:
parsley
mushrooms
salt
pepper


This is a dish from Algeria, basically just an open faced omelet or frittata.
I added mushrooms and onions, however nobody I know from Algeria does it.
I guess I just decided to be creative. :-)
It tasted pretty good actually and I'm certain that I will experiment with other veggies in the very near future since it's really just an omelet.


So it's complete with fresh baguettes, fresh beet and cilantro salad.
The frying of the potatoes is what takes the longest and is probably why I don't make it that often, but when I do, I love it. :-)
As usual I fry only in Olive Oil.


 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I cant see any of your pictures, but the description sounds great mashallah! Hopefully Ill be able to see the pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subhan'Allah.
    I can see them, and from my husbands computer he can see them. I don't know why you cannot. Jazak Allahu Khairun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food looks sooo appetizing, one day I will try one of the recipes Insha'Allah. BTW I would like the link to view sicko (Michael Moore) I have read 2 of his books he is pretty comical and blunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essalam Alaikum Wasaski,

    I have seen all of Micheal Moores movies, thank you for the offer. I liked them, he is always with a new perspective.

    Barak Allahu Feeki

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~