Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


Since I simply cannot stand soup in a can I make this when I bake a whole chicken.
After we have eaten everything we are gonna eat, I boil whatever is left for a few hours with a whole onion cut in quarters, a head of peeled or unpeeled garlic, tablespoon or two of salt, tablespoon of black pepper, and a pinch of rasul hanout or whatever per-fumy spice I have on hand.
Speaking of which my neighbors sent me some of their country's (Libya) spice yesterday, it's fragrant and truly lovely. I used it today in this soup.
After boiling and smelling only what chicken stock makes throughout my house I strain it and add fresh veggies and season again. I like to use my salad shooter for the veggies, not including the potatoes!

Next is just letting it all boil until everything is tender, or course adding the macaroni at the end. :-)

whole cooked chicken
2 whole onion (1 with boiling the chicken leftovers and 1 for the soup)
2 fresh garlic cloves (same as above, 1 for the chicken leftovers and 1 for the soup)
fresh carrots
fresh celery
fresh potatoes
fresh zucchini
fresh parsley
macaroni

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Salam sis! Your version of this soup seems VERY delicious, inshallah i will make it one day for fatoor...

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~