Friday, September 21, 2007

Lentil Soup In A Rush & Beautiful Bread



This was fun and easy to make. I started out rolling the dough with a roll pin but quickly decided my hands moved quicker and easier. I got this lovely recipe from Zapbook.

Ingedients:
200 grams of milk
1 large tablespoon soft butter
2 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 teaspoon yeast
500 grams flour
half a stick of melted butter
seeds of your choice (optional)

Place all ingredients in the mixing bowl.

Slowly stir everything together and then knead until a soft dough is formed.Let the dough rise until doubled, about one hour in a half.

Section off the dough into four equal pieces.

Section again each peice and again two more times leaving you with 16 balls.

Take four balls and flatten then out, spreading some melted butter between each peice.

Roll them tightly.

Repeat with the remaining balls.

Cut each roll into a triangular shape.

Put the triangles in a round dish by making pointed ends inward.

Let rise again, about one hour or until doubled.


Brush with egg yolk sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, or black seeds if you like and cook until golden brown, about 30 minutes.














So we were painting our living room today. Well, my brother (youngest of the family) was and the kids and I hung out in the bedroom, the basement, and at one point for a few hours cooking in the kitchen for fatoor (breaking fast meal). I used leftover Frik Chorba since throwing away food is a big no no in this house. I just added green lentils to it a few spices, tomato paste and some water and boiled for a few.


After which I started some bread, a nice lamb and vegetable dish ....




In a rush lentil soup, I forgot to garnish it with fresh herbs, which is something I don't usually do.


It was a nice day today and tomorrow we (Zack) shall Insha'Allah finish up the painting

It's the 8th day of Ramadan and this has been a challenging and wonderful year for us all. Alhamdulillah we are all here to greet and Insha'Allah give farewell to another Ramadan.

If you try this bread you will surely enjoy it!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! I looked at all the pics and my mouth is watering! You cooked these all by yourself?!?! Wow you must be such a good cook... :)

    Happy Ramadan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome & thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bread.It looks very perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bread. It looks so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there you have a great blog,lovely recipes. Feel free to visit my blog too :)

    Jeena xx

    Click Here For Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Azian Hasan, Welcome & Thank you!

    Jenna, Thank you! You have a lovely site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh mashaAllah this bread looks fab mashaallah, i want to try but can't understand French any chance you will translate the recipe for me sis?

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~