Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stuffed Peppers & Zuchinni


So Ramadan makes it hard to post a lot of comments and instructions. :-) I will update as I can. I guess even taking pictures seems to get hard at times with three or four things cooking all at once.


I took a few pictures for this dish and forgot to take the result, I also am having trouble with my camera which is producing fuzzy pics.

Meat:
Ground Beef or Lamb
Onion
Garlic
Fresh Parsley
Fresh Cilantro
Tomato Paste
Hot Red Pepper Paste
Black Pepper
Salt
Eggs
Bread Crumbs

Sauce:
Olive Oil
Rasul Hanout
Tomato Paste
Garlic
Onion
Salt
Paprika
Hot Paprika

Blend together all of the meat ingredients gently and set aside to rest.

Cut and clean the green peppers and zucchini.

Stuff them and set to the side.

Make the base for the sauce by sauteing garlic and onion and spices together.

Add the stuffed vegetables, chickpeas if using and a cup of water.

Pressure cook for fifteen to twenty minutes.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Hi there you have a great blog,lovely recipes. Feel free to visit my blog too :)

    Jeena xx

    Click Here For Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jenna, Thanks & Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sister,

    You have a wonderful blog here. I like when blogs post step by step pictures, it makes so much easier to follow the recipe. Please post more step by step recipes for those of us who are not an expert in cooking field.

    one question: What's Rasul Hanout? I am Indian and I don't know what that is.

    Best wishes & Ramdhan Mubarak!
    Aisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. pffft, you're worried about posting?! i'd be fainting daily from not eating, LOL!

    we also make a lot of stuffed vegetables during this week for the holiday called 'sukkot' which is the harvest festival. i haven't had time to post things either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Essalam Alaikum Aisha & Welcome. Barak Allahu Feekum and thank you for the lovely comments. Rasul Hanout is used in North African cooking. You can buy it online or make it at home. I have a recipe for it here on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BB LOL! Yeah, we sure do get tired, but it's almost over and we always feel sad to see this month go. :-(

    I sure would like to see your stuffed veggies. In Algeria they call them dolmas, which I'm pretty sure you call stuffed grape leaves?

    I'm a huge fan of stuffed bread and veggies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    I came across your blog while looking for recipes. My husband is Algerian and I like the cuisine very much. I just made this recipe of yours today and it was fantastic. We have done dolma before, using a simpler recipe... but the extra flavours in your recipe were definitely worth it! Just wanted to thank you for putting it online!

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~