Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stuffed Sardines & Rice With Peas


fresh cleaned sardines
paprika
hot paprika
cumin
salt
black pepper
fresh cilantro
fresh parsley
lemons
eggs for dipping before frying
flour for dipping before frying
olive oil for frying

 
Baste the sardines in all the spices and let sit for a few hours, or if in a pinch use it right away.
Stuff the sardines with your chopped herbs and dip in the beaten eggs then in the flour.
Set in hot oil and fry on each side until done.
Serve with salad and rice.

 
Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Salam Jamila, Ramadhan Mubarak, Just came across your blog while browsing through food blogs. You have some very yummt looking recipes, which i will definetely try out sometime. Thanks for sharing..

    www.monaafzal.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essalam Alaikum Mona, Thanks & Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamila thankyou for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I love your sardine recipe it looks very tasty. I have added your link to my blog, I think it is fantastic! Jeena :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a similar Malaysian dish where the fish is stuffed with sambal...omg, so good. I can totally imagine how delish your sardines are...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds good. A lot of people don't like sardine, but I love them..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Anh & Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jamila. Its the first time I visit your blog and I love all I have seen, but theese sardines are just wonderfull.

    Kisses from Spain
    Pilar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rasa Thank you & Welcome!

    Pilar Thank you & Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this one looks yummy! But, I'm veg (except for eggs)...

    Ah, let me hover around your blog for vegeterian receipes. Cuz I like that I see!

    And thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One pot meal! That's probably as close as I'm going to get. One burner has got to be an improvement on the whole oven and I love sardines.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried this dish yesterday. Delicious!!!!!!!! Thank you Jamila xxx

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~