Saturday, December 13, 2008

Garlic Spinach


I adore spinach. It's one of my favorite greens. I especially love it with really browned garlic and onions. In a hot pan with extra virgin olive oil brown a large diced onion.
Add an entire head of minced fresh garlic when the onions are not quite done but are pretty golden. At this time I add my salt and white or black pepper.
When you have found that your onions and garlic are well caramelized toss in your clean, whole leaf spinach. Occasionally give it a good stir. The spinach will shrink and all the water will release, don't be afraid if the pot looks overfilled you will have more than plenty of room in a few minutes.
Keep tossing it around until all the liquid is evaporated and all that is left is the spinach, olive oil, garlic and onions. Serve warm!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about spinach it is an item bought weekly in our house, It is so healthy and so tasty too I love it.

    I would have a huge plate of your spinach and garlic and enjoy every moment of eating it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeena as always so sweet! Thanks for stopping by! I don't know how people say their children don't like spinach or vegetables, I have never had that problem at home.

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~