Friday, December 19, 2008

Zucchini Fritters Also Known As Zucchini Pancakes




I love zucchini and fritters are great for lunch, dinner, a snack or with soup.

shredded zucchini
all purpose flour
teaspoon of baking powder
eggs
milk
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
shredded onions
fresh chopped parsley

Add all ingredients together to make a batter.
This is really similar to pancake batter, so the thickness of the fritters are really up to you.
Brown spoonfuls of the batter in olive oil.
Serve warm or room temperature. 
A dab of sour cream goes well,  especially with a spoonful of harissa, but harissa is hot so it's not for everyone.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. mashaAllah those look very good. Zucchini just happens to be one of the handful of vegetables my son actually eats. We have a few in the refrigerator and I'll have to give this a try.

    Glad to see you posting regularly again.

    salaam
    UAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i import the foto of south algeria to put on my blog.

    please reply my sister,salam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fritters look fabulous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu alaykum sis,
    yum, yum! Your fritters looks deli.
    I will try your recipe, and very soon!
    I love zucchini, my favourite.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ UmmAbdurRahman Walaikum Essalam Sister, Jazakallahu Khairun, thanks for coming by and visiting me again! Insha'allah your son will enjoy them, we all love them very much in my home.

    @ Jeena, Thanks!

    @ muslimah trying to home edu Essalam Alaikum Sis, Thanks for stopping by! Let me know how they taste!

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~