Friday, May 29, 2009

Back In Southern Algeria


We took a nice drive through Seb Seb which isn't too far away from Metlili.

My mother in law is from here, it's a really quite place, full of nice people, mostly farmers. I love their vegetables and peanuts.


 
Those are from atop of a mountain, entering Seb Seb.

Here is a closer look.





 
  
 


Below are some pictures from a touristic place.

Here is the entrance. I just watched  special on local TV about this place, I was happy I had my own personal pictures to share.






This is a traditional tent. One of which I reckon nobody uses anymore, at least not for living anyway.







Here is a traditional clay oven.




A traditional roasting bed for meat along side a smaller clay oven.

I hope to one day have one of these in my backyard for making breads, roasting meats and veggies.  HEAVEN!






This is a pretty structure. I wish I would have taken another picture of it.



Here is the inside of the roof, pretty awesome design.

       
It has been more than one month of being back in Algeria.

8 comments:

  1. Are you living in Algeria again, or is this just a visit? Either way, It's good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. assalamu alaykum

    masha'Allah! Those ovens are perfect for pizza :P so r u back to live in DZ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walaikum Essalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

    Umm Abdur Rahman: Yes, Alhamdulillah, I'm back living in Algeria. Where are you again? I forgot! LOL Thanks for reading my blog, regularly ;-)!

    Um Almujahid: Yes, Pizza!!! Now If I could only find Mozzarella! ;-) Yes, Alhamdulillah I'm living in Algeria.

    Barakallahu Feekum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live in the midwest, but my husband has been in Algiers for the last two years...separated by immigration. He was finally approved to come back home, and he should be here in the summer inshaAllah. It's been tough since he left.

    I love reading your blog, and I'm looking forward to blogging in Algeria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ://: Heni ://:June 26, 2009

    Esalaamu Aleikoum,

    MachAllah I have been to Metlitli .. little south of Gardaira ... loved it! Enjoy our pictures and your blog!

    Might be far for you but you can find mozzorella and other cheeses in Opera superette is which in Dely Ibrahim. Or make your own with raw milk as I do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Essalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Heni!

    Welcome!

    Yes, raw milk makes GREAT mozzarella, but I have been unable to find rennet so haven't made any ... yet... :-) Insha'Allah when I do find rennet I will be making different kinds of cheeses since Laughing Cow & Cheddar are nice but I would like to make more traditional foods LOL! I really would love to start a whole page dedicated to cheese making.

    Insha'Allah *see* you again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aslamu alakum ukti the pictures are fab thanks for sharing looks great out there mashaAllah. I adore that oven, it reminds me of the punjab where cooking takes place in the open on clay ovens and stoves. I pray allah facilitate your affairs ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salaams.

    Wow, so different to the Algeria I know. When I was there it was really just in Algiers and boumerdes so this is an Algeria that I do not know but would love to see. Great pics. :)

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~