Friday, January 8, 2010

A Fresh Start


New Address, Same Name


I decided to start blogging again. I thought about giving myself a new name as well as a new address, but thought maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea. I'm pretty disappointed however with Blogger import/export feature. All of my pictures were lost. Bummer! Most of the recipes here (except sourdough bread really) are/were usual dishes made in my home (at least before moving to Algeria). Some dishes I won't be able to make again.... YET...... Unfortunately some ingredients juts don't exist here, but who knows, maybe I can make them myself as well. I hope to find some of my old readers again, and reconnect with those of whom I used to read from.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Eid Kabir!!! It was my first Eid (ever) spent in Algeria, it was interesting. I didn't get to pray in the Masjid, which bummed me out, but besides that it was pretty nice. I am really looking forward to 2010. I have embarked on cheese making recently, and I really hope to blog a little bit here and there on it. I was, at least in the beginning, mostly inspired by a complete lack of quality cheese. I just cannot muster up the taste for pizza with mayonnaise and without Mozzarella (I'm also hoping to plant some Basil). Maybe that's my Italian blood speaking, but it just doesn't seem right. The other half of my motivation is coming from my love of pasta and hot sandwiches. Laughing Cow just doesn't meet the taste test. I have now become convinced that homemade cheese is the best, even though we had authentic cheeses where we were, it's just exciting and wonderful to eat what is entirely homemade.

Happy New Year Everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by over at my place. I was so bummed when your blog was gone, and I'm happy to see that you've returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope I can fix my pictures though, seems a bit odd that they were not imported as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy to see you are back! I really missed your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really happy to be back. I just wish I could find time to upload and arrange posts. How apathetic having children makes you towards doing things simply for yourself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. esalaam, I was a reader of your blog before, but sadly after no new posts were posted my return began more rare. but elhamdullah you are blogging here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS; sorry forgot to mention. from previous posts i gather you are somewhere near ghadaria? i am in kolea.
    From reading your posts here and sites you follow it seems you are like learning about natural lifestyle if you want to call it that. we too only consume raw milk ... i do everything from scratch, buy local and stay enchalla away from the junk foods here.
    i would love to get in contact with you;maybe enchallah share ideas! have great weekend! allah maaki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. essalam heni, thanks for stopping by! yes, i'm in metlili, although i have never been where you are. i love the lifestyle here, raw and natural everything, and it's free! LOL in the states, organic is expensive... well, at least on the east coast it is. it was fairly cheap where i grew up, but i haven't been there in like ten years!

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~