Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Apricot Jam Cake


If I don't have anything sweet or salty to munch on for tea time in my home, and we have tea time daily, usually around three pm, I make this. It's quickly done by hand, doesn't require anything that I don't already have in my pantry and is pretty tasty. It also makes a nice Sunday breakfast, which can be really enjoyable with coffee for overnight guests.

Cake Batter:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 ts baking powder
pinch of salt
2-4 eggs
1 cup yogurt
1 tbs vanilla extract
4 tbs canola oil or melted butter
2/3 cups preserves or jam

Preheat the oven to 350, grease and flour your pan of choice and set to the side.
Combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
Combine the wet ingredients plus the sugar and whisk until thick and creamy.



Add the dry ingredients and whisk until no lumps and silky smooth.



Your batter will be thick.


Spoon the batter into your prepared pan, evenly press it out.
Spoon out the preserves, dotting it onto the surface of the cake then insert a butter knife and swirl gently to distribute the jam throughout the cake.



Bake 40-45 minutes until it's slightly browned, the sides have pulled away from the dish and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, cut and serve warm or room temperature.



Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. looks easy and I have everything at home! i will try this out! thanks jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. masha`allah, yummy.

    you really give us an easy recipe, it look good, keep it up sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this yesterday. MashaAllah very easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO awesome.. I'm drooling!
    I think I'll be trying this out soon.. thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

    What size pan did you use? ... and approx. how many does it serve?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Farhana, I used my 9x13 before I recently cracked it. I am not sure about serving size because it really depends on how big you slice the pieces. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's okay Jennifer, the pan size gives me an idea of things *and how many it'll serve*.
    Hopefully I will be making it TODAY!

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used the 9x13 Pyrex glass dish, you can use anything! You can use a round cake pan, a brownie pan, a square pan. I would stay away from bundt pans and angel food cake pans however. It will serve as many people as a 9x13 will serve, depends on the size you cut the cake into. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we use the Pyrex glass bread baking pan?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you can use Pyrex glass. That's what I used, see above comments or see the recipe. Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJuly 22, 2013

    Hi, in the recipe ingredients you have 2 eggs while in the picture you have 4 added ?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your recipe says 2 eggs but the picture shows 4 eggs. How many eggs should we use?

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~