Monday, May 17, 2010

Fluffy Light Pancakes



Batter:
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
3 tbs melted butter or vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 ts salt
2 ts baking powder
2 tbs sugar

Beat the eggs until thick and frothy.


Add the sugar, salt, and milk and beat until well combined.


I whisk the flour and baking powder onto the top of the milk. This is not necessary if you live in the States and buy high quality flour.



Gently and quickly mix everything together. You can see the lumps, DON'T mix them away that's what makes fluffy and soft not rubbery pancakes.


Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes. I wait a good ten minutes then heat up griddle; it"ll thicken slightly.


You can tell that your pan or griddle is ready if a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately. I use cast iron, but any pan will do just fine.

For measuring out the batter, I use my soup ladle, which is about 1/3 to 1/2 depending on how full.


Bake on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, the sides will be kinda drier looking than the middle.


Turn the pancakes and cook the other side till brown. Turn over only once.


Serve immediately with topping of your choice.
This is what I like, two fried eggs, salt pepper and honey drizzled on top.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sallam alaikum sister,

    this look yummy, i will try this out, you know my kids love pancakes, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. walaikum essalam maggs! give your kids big hugs and kisses from me!

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~