Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grilled Garlic Flat Bread


OK, I have a bread addiction. I just have to have bread with almost everything I eat. This is fairly easy and quick to make, and tastes divine! You can double or triple this recipe, it's not a problem. It makes four flat breads.

2 cups flour
1 cup fine semolina
2 ts powdered milk
2 ts yeast
1 ts sugar
salt to taste
3/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup olive oil
garlic to taste


Combine all dry ingredients.


Knead in water and make a soft pliable dough.
Carefully knead in garlic and oil.
Set aside to double.
Cut into equal portions, I doubled this recipe, so it made eight flat breads.
Roll, or press out into a circle.


Heat to medium heat a grill, flat or otherwise, even an outside grill works great. Gently place the bread on the heated grill. I brush my bread with olive oil, but you can spray the grill instead if you like.


Grill until browned and grill marks and nicely on the bread.


I cut mine into wedges mostly to eat with eggplant caponata.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. nice bread...u r grilled version is too gud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making breads as well,and that looks really nice specially with the garlic flavour...yummy..
    thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this looks soooooooo good! I too love bread, and my Moroccan hubby loves his "khubz".

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 09, 2010

    Salamu alaykum sis, please send me e-mail at jilbaana@jippii.fi. I am from MSU :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice recipe and sis! Did you buy that nice grill pan in DZ or US? If in DZ PLZ PLZ tell me where!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy. Thanks for the tasty post

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~