Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hummus or Chickpea Dip


I love Hummus, from the first time I ever tried it I was hooked. It's simple, wholesome and fulfilling... if you haven't tried it, it's a must!

3 cups Chickpeas
Garlic Cloves (4 for me, we love garlic)
Salt to taste
Lime or Lemon Juice to taste, I used 2
1/2 - 1 cup of Olive Oil
2-4 tbs Sesame Seed Paste also known as Tahini

Add everything accept the olive oil together and blend until it's smooth. I like to use my food processor, however a blender hand held or stationary will work well too. Add the olive oil slowly until it's a dip consistency.

Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle paprika or dress it up with veggies and serve with warm pita bread. Hummus is great on everything try meat, salads, instead of using mayo.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. assalamu allekum! ın turkey we are calling it nohut but always kooking it with tomatos and meat. i ll try to make it this way! thank for idea!

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~