Saturday, October 9, 2010

Brioche Rolls


I love brioche! Who doesn't? Well I guess anyone with an egg allergy... maybe, but that's about it.
This is an overnight recipe. I break this recipe into two portions so that I can make one loaf for egg and grilled cheese sandwiches and french toast for hubby and I after the kids are off to school and the other half is for chocolate stuffed rolls which is given as gifts and or eaten with coffee.

8 cups, divided into half
1/2 or more if you like cups of room temperature butter
1/2 or more if you like of sugar
6 eggs or less if you don't have on hand, room temperature as well
2 tbs yeast
6 tbs powdered milk
1 cup water or milk depending on what you like, I use water since I use powdered milk

Starter
Add 4 cups of flour, all the yeast, eggs, powdered milk if using, sugar and water or milk and mix. You will get a really wet dough, don't worry, this is supposed to look like thick pancake dough.


Set covered in a warm place to double. It has a lot of eggs and butter in it so it will probably take more than an hour, mine took a couple of hours.


If you have a stand mixer this will take a lot less effort, I don't use one but I like to play with dough.
Add the remaining 4 cups of flour and knead until you have a soft shinny dough. It will be really really sticky like this for a few minutes. Resist the urge to add more flour!



It will look like this after several minutes.


Butter a cooking dish.
Break dough into even sized balls, and place a piece of chocolate in the middle. Roll the ball between your palms making sure that the the edges are sealed and arrange in a shape that fits your fancy.



Place in the fridge covered with saran wrap or a plastic bag overnight.


In the morning you will see that they have risen a bit.


Place the rolls on your stove and preheat it to 350.
Brush with egg wash and when they have doubled bake until golden brown.


Serve warm with a hot cup of coffee.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. YumYumYumYumYum!!! Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I love brioches but I'm ZERO at making them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ uk4dz, Thanks!

    @ um almujahid, Thanks, I love them as well! Oh come on, I'm sure yours are yummy!

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~