Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cream Cheese Brownies

One of these sinfully delicious dish is for my friend whom I love very much. I will be joining her tonight.
The other plate is a happy belated, happy welcome back home brownie plate for myself. I was still pregnant with Ibraheem on my birthday, even though my due date was the 12th and my b-day is the 19th, he wasn't born until the 21st. Go figure, another late baby (eye wink). Anyhow, this is my belated birthday "cake". We now have four March babies (including myself) in this family. =D

Brownie Bottom:
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup dark cocoa powder
1 cup butter
5 large eggs
1 1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/8 cup expresso

Cream Cheese Topping:
12 oz cream cheese at room temp
2 tbs vanilla extract
3/4 c sugar
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your cooking plate by either using spray, line with parchment paper or foil or you can butter and dust with flour. This recipe will fit a 9x13 or two smaller plates as I have done.

Melt the butter, set aside.


Sift the dry ingredients and set aside.



I make my own brown sugar these days, but that's my preference. It's so easy, and tastes fresh, no hard lumps and always on hand!
1 cup of sugar + 1-2 tbs unsulfured molasses, depending on how dark you like your brown sugar.




Add the brown sugar to the butter and mix well, then add the eggs one at a time. Carefully stir the dry ingredients into the butter and eggs. Mix until just well combined.


Pour into your pan. Set aside and make the cream cheese topping.
Beat the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar until smooth.




Dab  the cheese mixture all over the chocolate. Using a butter knife twirl it until it's all chocolaty and cream cheesy pretty.



Bake for about 30 minutes, be careful not to overbake.



Refrigerate overnight, or at least for several hours. It's better to cut them cold, if you can wait that is.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah! Looks amazing! I can't wait to try these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really good..!!
    would def. try this!!
    tqvm for sharing...!! :)
    -fadilah-

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~