Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fig Jam



2 cups roughly chopped figs
1/2 to 1 cup sugar, use more or less depending on your taste and the sweetness of the figs
1 1/2 - 2 cups water
1/8 cup orange flower water, optional
1 tbs vanilla, optional
This works great for breakfast in crepes, on pancakes, bagels, english muffins, a broken off piece of a rustic loaf slathered with butter, spoon it onto vanilla ice cream use your imagination! =D
Add the figs, sugar, vanilla if using and water to a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until everything is soft and mushy and you have a nice sauce. Add the orange flower water if you are using it and put into a jar. It should keep for a month or more, but ours has never lasted that long!



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE figs! I almost cried when I went to the fruit market last week and I was told fig season is coming to an end =( Im going to stock up and make lots of jam! This looks delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! YumYum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I keep making fig jam at home. I love the crunchy seeds in the jam. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~