Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ricotta Cheesecake



This is a go to cheesecake recipe. It's very easy to make, fool proof, and doesn't require ingredients that you don't already have in the fridge on any given day. There isn't a base, just pure cheesecake, and really good! If you don't have access to ricotta you can use either homemade white cheese or homemade ricotta.

4 cups ricotta cheese
5 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 ts lemon extract
1 ts vanilla extract
pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 325. Set rack in the middle of the oven. Butter and flour a 9 1/2 inch springform pan, and tap out any excess flour. I spray my springform pans, but you aren't "supposed" to. LOL I also wrap the bottom with foil.               
Place the ricotta in a large mixing bowl,beat it until smooth.  Add the extracts


Stir in the eggs one at a time. Mix until combined 



Stir together the sugar,salt and flour. Add it to the ricotta, mix well but don't over beat. 


Pour batter into the prepared pan, spread it evenly.


Bake in the center of the oven for about an hour, until a light golden color.  Make sure the center is fairly firm, still a bit wiggly, but not uncooked.  Cool on a wire rack. It will sink slightly as it cools. 
Cover, and chill until serving time.    







Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah! I can't wait try this one. Cream cheese is kind of expensive here so I've always put off making a cheesecake for when I have extra $ which is almost like never LOL. But the ricotta idea is excellent! I can't seem to find lemon extract here though, can I use some lemon juice (or zest) instead? Thank You for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaams Umm Hamza, =D Yes, use the zest plus a a tbs of fresh juice. I used to make my own ricotta and cream cheese when I lived in Algeria. Have you tried that? I have a few blog posts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam sis, where are you living now? Maybe I missed a post? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam Umm Aaminah, I came back to the States to have the baby. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! I'm hungry!!!
    I hope I can find ricotta cheese.. will let you know if I try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alice! Happy Baking & don't forget to write me if you like it, it's my favorite cheesecake recipe, easiest too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. assalamu alaykum

    masha'Allah tabarakaAllah! U r posting amazing (and yummi) stuff these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walaikum Essalam Umm Almujahid, Thanks! Barak'allahu Feeki. =D

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~