Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stovetop Beef Stew

Kinda nontraditional, but still great! I'm using beef, but not a cut of "roast", instead I'm using cubes, or chunks. I'm also not cooking it all day in the oven, I'm using my best friend in the kitchen, my pressure cooker! The vegetable part however is very traditional! This dish is packed full of veggie goodness! Green beans, mushrooms, celery, potatoes and carrots, all to make happy children and husbands! ;-)

1 package beef chunks
1-2 cups baby carrots
1-2 cups green beans
1-2 cups quartered then halved potatoes, skins left on!
1 cup chopped celery
1-2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 roughly chopped red onion
1 roughly chopped garlic head
Salt to taste
Dried Rosemary to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Bay Leaf
Cumin to taste
Coriander to taste

Pressure cook the beef until it's soft, about 15 minutes.
Add the vegetables and spices and pressure cook another 10 minutes.
Serve with a salad and bread!



Enjoy!

2 comments:

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~