Monday, December 12, 2011

The Best Chocolate Pudding


Is there anyone whose Mamma didn't make them chocolate pudding? We ate pudding in my house growing up all the time. We had three kinds of pudding in our home; rice, chocolate and tapioca, although I think tapioca isn't considered a pudding. I was unaware of how good homemade pudding was/is until much later in life, just the same though, I have always loved warm pudding. I honestly have no idea why anyone would buy a box of yucky pudding when all most everyone has all the ingredients to make it yourself sitting in your pantry and fridge.

We use this recipe every winter and my kids love love love it! (& so do I) I have tried a zillion kinds over the years; cream, eggs, egg whites, etc. etc. etc.  and this is the easiest chocolate pudding recipe you will ever find, and quite honestly in my opinion the best one too! Simple and whole ingredients I think are what make it so good!

2 1/2 cups cold milk
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips or chopped up good quality chocolate
3 tbs corn starch

Big family = doubling the recipe, so that's why it's so much milk on the pics.
Over medium low heat  high heat for those of us who have no time to sit and stir a pot of milk, bring 2 1/4 cups of the milk and chips up to a boil, stirring continuously.

Stir together the corn starch and remaining 1/4 cup cold milk. If you do this before the milk in the pot comes up to boil, to save time, like me, stir it again before you begin to add it to the pot. Otherwise it will stick to the bottom in a big lump and you won't get smooth pudding, but gloppy lumpy pudding.

When the milk and chocolate come up to a boil, whisk while pouring the cornstarch mixture into the boiling milk. Keep whisking for about another minute then spoon into pretty dishes or bowls. Set aside to cool or put them in the icebox until ready to be eaten.




Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is really a very popular dessert recipe. It seems to be incredibly tasty. It is a safe and pleasant treat for gentle palettes. Thanks for sharing the procedure of making this delicious pudding.

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~