Saturday, December 24, 2011

Zucchini Pancakes



2-6 medium zucchini
1 chopped onion
3 cloves or garlic chopped
fresh parsley chopped
2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
6 to 8 tablespoons flour
1 ts baking powder
1 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper
olive oil for sauting


Grate the zucchini using a box grater or a food processor. Let the zucchini drain in a colander for about 30 minutes. Some folks say to salt it, I never do. 

Chop the onions, garlic and parsley. Stir everything together. If the batter gets too thin you can add a few more spoons of flour.






Heat a large (10 to 12-inch) saute pan over medium heat and a spoon or two of olive oil. 
Drop heaping soup spoons of batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes about 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place the pancakes on a sheet pan and keep warm in the oven.



The pancakes can stay warm in the oven for up to 30 minutes. Serve hot with soup and salad.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hello!! :) Greetings from India. I was just browsing blogs in Foodie Blogroll when I cam across yours. The unique name sparked my curiosity and I came here. And I have to say how wonderful I found your blog to me. You have a clean, uncluttered blog design, simple recipes and beautiful pictures to go along with the recipes. I'm so glad I found your blog! :)
    -
    Kavi (Edible Entertainment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog while blog hopping..lovely and healthy zucchini cakes.
    I do the similar recipe with corn.

    ReplyDelete

~ welcome! what say you? =D ~